I loved Calley & Will from the moment I met them. They are such an easygoing couple and super great to chat with. And, due to my newfound interest in running, Will became my new hero. (You’ll soon see why.) We did the whole session in Rose Rudman Park in Tyler, TX. This is where these two spend so much of their time. Although… they usually are not wearing fancy official engaged outfits like these. (But they do look pretty swell in them.)
This is what they typically look like. :)
These two love to compete in triathlons. (Will is kinda awesome at them.)
I mentioned Will pretty good. By pretty good I actually meant ranked number 6 in the state of Texas. As in… he’s kinda like a machine. A really kind nice machine that will crush you in a triathlon.
So excited to announce the winners of the top 10 contests from last week. We had over 2,500 votes and some really really close categories. In the end, these were the winners. Thanks again to all my couples for letting me tell their story. If you did not win, be sure and tell everyone good game before you walk off the court. You couples that did win, make sure you celebrate responsibly. No looting or rioting.
Engagement Session: This is the classroom where Emily & Lucas met. This is the very place their story began.
Wedding Rings: Blake works in visual effects, I wanted him to be able to drop his rings into any film he made in the future. ;)
Bridal Session: Krystle crushed her bridal shoot at Marvin United Methodist in Tyler.
Mug Machine: Much like their wedding day, Lauren & Alex’s Mug Machine was off the hook. (Do people still say “off the hook”?)
Random: Lindsey & Jim’s reception and dance floor was the place to be.
Wedding: I honestly could not have picked a better photo to win this category.
Jaime had been fighting serious migraines all day, in fact we almost had to put off the wedding till later in the day. After the ceremony they were just sitting in the kitchen resting and someone asked them if they were ready to make their entrance and have their first dance. Jaime said she didn’t think she was up for all that. Nolan said no problem. About five minutes later while holding and comforting her they broke out into a slow dance. All alone, with no fanfare, no one clapping, no one watching. I took 3 photos and walked out. It was a moment that just belonged to them.
Just the two of them on their wedding day.
It was a beautiful picture of marriage. It’s not the big public moments that get us through life. It’s not the things we say when everyone is watching. Marriage is about what we do when we are alone.
Marriage is about changing the toilet paper roll. Marriage is about making the bed. Marriage is about impromptu slow dances in the kitchen.
Thanks again to everyone who voted. And to all my 2014 couples. Let’s make some images that make these 2013 ones look like poo. :)
Get Excited! It’s your chance to help someone win a 16×20 print! Voting is open till midnight. Tell your friends.
Today’s category: Weddings
Bridals, engagements, photo booths, they are all fun, but this is why we are here, to witness the union of two people. Here are some of my favorite photos from weddings in 2013.
Take a look at the entries then vote at the bottom of this post.
1. Ashley & Blake: I loved this moment from their First Look. Just the two of them sharing one of many many laughs on their wedding day.
2. Gabrielle & Kendal: I’m a bit partial to this photo. The little man is my oldest son. He got a bit embarrassed when the bridesmaids commented on how handsome he was. (Also, how hot is that bridesmaid on the left?)
3. Angela & BJ: When BJ had Angela’s daughter come up so he could give her a necklace and promise to love her forever. Everyone teared up.
4. Jaimie & Nolan: Jaimie had been feeling bad all day and was not up to a big first dance grand entrance. So Nolan did the next best thing. He danced with her in the kitchen in a back room before they made their entrance.
5. Heather & Travis: All Heather & Travis wanted was a wedding out in a big open field. I think they managed to find one. :)
6. Dee & Dustin: As a general rule, if you get married in a red dress, you are gonna make the top 10.
7. Amanda & Clayton: I always love it when couples do a get away that involves people throwing things at their face.
8. Jennifer & Jonathan: This military couple was up for anything. Including jumping up on a big hay bail.
9. Meagan & Joe: Most brides know in advance they are gonna get popped on the way out. Most brides still forget. :)
10. Natalie & Jason: I’m not exaggerating when I say that Jason must have repeated the words “you are so beautiful.” about 30 times during their First Look.